GradRoll is GradImages’ proprietary system that
allows you to display personalized information as
each of your graduates are recognized on
stage. With GradRoll, a banner is overlaid on top of
the video feed displaying your school’s logo, the
graduate’s name and their degree information or
honors received. This creates a more personalized
experience for the graduate and the audience.
GradRoll can also simplify the tasks of registering
graduates for a particular ceremony. It
produces a personalized barcoded reader card
making event day operations such as check-in and last-minute additions or changes seamless. Here's the way our system works:
- In advance of each ceremony, the school provides our company with a list of names of all students who are candidates for graduation. (We can also display additional information if desired, such as degree or honors.)
- GradImages works with your institution to print a unique QR code (two-dimensional barcode) on each graduate's reader card.
- At commencement, as each graduate approaches the stage, his/her QR code is scanned using a hand-held scanner, which places that graduate's name in the correct sequence, and queues it for display on the video systems. Card scanning does not interfere with the flow of graduates or the pace of the ceremony.
- Once the graduate enters the video camera's field of view to shake hands with the presenter, a staff member simply advances the system to display his/her name on the video screens.
GradRoll works with Windows-based computers, and does not require an internet connection at the venue. It utilizes a common HDMI video output, which A/V staff will appreciate for its easy integration with the venue's video system. Additionally, GradRoll can gracefully handle instances where a graduate may approach the stage without his or her reader card.
Frequently asked questions:
- What is the cost associated with GradRoll?
GradImages does not charge for the use of the GradRoll system. We will customize the name
banner, configure and provide the GradRoll software per your specifications and print custom
reader cards with QR code free of charge. You will be required to provide the needed equipment and personnel to operate GradRoll at your event.
- Does GradImages provide staffing for GradRoll?
GradImages does not provide staff or equipment for operating GradRoll during your event. You will need to provide two people per line, one on each laptop and one on each scanner, to utilize GradRoll. While we do not provide staff to execute the service, we do offer technical support to assist with your setup, configuration and troubleshooting.
- What equipment is required to run GradRoll?
A Windows-based laptop and a barcode scanner are the only pieces of equipment needed to
operate the GradRoll software. Your AV team may have some requirements based on the AV
connections needed to display the GradRoll name banner.
- Is the system easy to operate?
YES! GradRoll has been designed with simplicity and usability in mind.
For additional information about GradRoll at your ceremony, please contact us today!